Saturday, April 1, 2017

exploring Canva

After playing around with Canva for some time now, I have to say I truly love it.

It has absolutely everything

and by everything I mean tutorials and articles on how to do this and how to match colors and how to match backgrounds and just, wow. It is heaven.

I found this article on how to match fonts and such because as much as I love the rush in finding fonts and looking for ones that match, I needed some professional help.

I read about the serif and sans serif fonts and how they work incredibly well together. I only found Source Serif Pro on Canva but it works and it actually looks pretty good!

I also read about to stay within a family of fonts when combining (I didn't even know font families existed) AND that one should stick to at most two to three fonts during a project (which was the initial question that led me to do some research) so that article has been pretty neat and helpful. 

I am not completely done but I will release a sneak peek of the first page of the two-page spread (serif font isn't used below because that is part of the final that I will release soooon):





This is NOT THE FINAL DRAFT ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ but it is very close and similar hmmmm.

Back to that schedule! Umm, going mostly as planned but I will probably have a sketch of the table of contents made by Sunday night and hopefully I can get it started (and finished) Monday! (?) (I knew this would happen) (But it's totally okay because I pull through and get my stuff done) (so yay me) (enough sidebar)

Have a lovely rest of the weekend! :)

Citation
  1. Kliever, Janie. "10 Golden Rules You Should Live By When Combining Fonts: Tips From a Designer – Design School." Design School. Canva, 28 May 2015. Web. 31 Mar. 2017. <https://designschool.canva.com/blog/combining-fonts-10-must-know-tips-from-a-designer/>.


No comments:

Post a Comment