Wednesday, March 8, 2017

to new beginnings

Today, I commence the blogging of my upcoming project for my AICE Media Studies class.

I am very excited, but also a little overwhelmed, of course, since it is something I have never in my life tried before: creating a magazine from scratch.

Now, that last sentence may have sounded weird since most high school kids haven't created a magazine either (here is a first of many awkward moments) but I just say that because I have never thought of designing until I took this class! Let me tell you a little of what interests me and has always interested me: 

Show Business, and all of its aspects. Whether it be acting, producing, directing, writing, marketing/publicity, set design, editing, you name it! I love it. And when I started to think "hey I want to go to college and I really want to do something I enjoy," I thought of studying Mass Communications/Media Studies! (And hopefully in Los Angeles since this business is prominent there and/but also because it is my favorite city!)

But, anyways, back to the task at hand:

I did have the choice of filming the opening scene of a movie of my creation, but I have had experience with writing, filming, and editing and so I decided to try something different.

I even made a list of topics I could make my magazine about:
  • dogs
  • food
  • shoes
  • feminism
So... I actually did come up with a decision earlier in the year because I had friends tell me about this project and I wanted to jump in with some topics in mind. My thought process was:
  • "Hmm I only have one dog and he is hard enough to take pictures of, so maybe next time" *cries because dogs are awesome creatures and no one can ever get enough of them*
  • I had a friend who did food and it looked amazing and food is pretty awesome too but I kind of just wrote it because I thought about her project, not something that moves me. Next!
  • I was thinking of cool and different shots I could take of various shoes and also because this girl next to me was wearing white converse but she gave them so much personality that I found it truly interesting so this topic was in the back of my mind for some time.
  • Ah, and finally feminism. Relevant, important, I consider myself a feminist, so why not? But then I realized some people were also talking about this topic, so eh.
A few days later, though, I then saw my mom come home from work dump all her stuff down on the table and get to cooking after a short break and thought "huh, a working mom AND one that takes care of her household at once, how does she do it?" and the cute idea came to interview my own working mother on her double life as a mom and as a full-time working woman!

I told her my idea, she is a little shy but she is up for it! Soooo, no more babbling from me but this is basically how my magazine idea was born :) I will post later on what ideas I have for what the overall of the magazine will include!


P.S the title of the blog is currently "how *mag name* came to be" because I am currently thinking of a name, hopefully I come up with something fun and catchy later on because I am not really digging this one.

"Moms! Not all superheroes wear capes!" Digital Image. ChurchMag. 12 May 2013. Web 7 March 2017. <https://chruchm.ag/superhero-moms/>.

No comments:

Post a Comment