Tuesday, March 14, 2017

maria gets it together

First off, I am the type of person to be assigned something and become very overwhelmed looking at all my future tasks at once. So by "get it together" I mean get myself and my thoughts organized.

In order to enjoy this project as much as possible I am going to make a to-do list and hopefully it will be in a chronological and doable order.
  1. First, I'd love to know my magazine's name - so I'll definitely explore and think a lot about it throughout the week.
    • Now that I'm on this topic, this week ahead is going to be pretty busy. Tomorrow I leave for Thespians States Festival in Tampa, FL and I'll be back home on Sunday morning. But no worries, I will be bringing my computer along in order to complete homework and other exciting things like this project.
  2. Second, I need to do more research on photography and travel magazines to understand their conventions.
    • I came to the conclusion that I want the magazine to be more of a travel magazine with a base of photography, so I want to make it heavy with visual content.
    • I also went through my camera roll and found perfect shots to include and I am just so excited! I love LA! (catch me saying this in almost every blog post) (oh lord).
  3. Third, I want to find a layout for my article/two-page spread and then begin to write my article.
    • I want to have the layout in mind to have an idea of how much I would like to write because I could probably go pages and pages about the city, so I need to know my limits!
    • I also thought of the cutest idea (and I already got permission so YAY): I am going to interview my uncle in order to include a small section to give some "insight" about how life is over in the city from a an actual resident! (And I have super nice pictures of him because he is just so cool and stylish! LOL)
    • Sometimes I think this project was made for me.
  4. Find a layout for my table of contents page
  5. I also want to get to know Canva and play around with it since my friend recommended the website to me since she used it last year to create her own magazine.
This helped me organize myself and keeps me from feeling clustered. Hopefully this also gives you an insight on what I have to do the following weeks.

I hope to find moments on this upcoming States trip to do some research and I will be updating as much as I can!

Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment