Friday, March 24, 2017

research leads to creativity

We got a day off from school today so yay! That means relaxation but also time to get ahead on some things. 
I started researching two-page spreads for travel magazines and I came across these layouts:





This layout is one I had in mind at the beginning of the project but it lost my interest because it's so basic and I feel it doesn't match the "care-free look" I'm striving for since it is organized so strictly with most pictures at the top and mostly text at the bottom.

 




I LOVE this layout. It's casual, has room for creativity and, therefore, helps portray the "fun" and "care-free" look I want for the travel magazine. LA is also a very "hippie" and artistic city so, again, with the creativity room this layout presents, I feel as if this could easily be the best choice to convey these tones.


I also found some layouts with a picture of a well-known sight of the place being mentioned as the background and text within and around the photograph. I don't love it as much as I adore option number 2 but I feel as if I could definitely play with this layout. My only worry is I won't find a good picture for it or the picture won't look good blown up so big... I will keep you all updated as per usual!






For this weekend I'm going to figure out the final touches of my magazine cover. And for this upcoming week I want to write my article, come up with the questions I will be asking my uncle (and ask them) as well as play with the two-page spread :) busy week coming up ahead! (I also hope to work during rehearsal because this year's school play is finally coming up!)

I will check back with you later this weekend!


Citations:
  1. Danielsson, Nadin. "Amazing Magazine Layout Design Idea (84)." Design Listicle. N.p., 18 Dec. 2016. Web. 23 Mar. 2017. <https://www.designlisticle.com/magazine-layout/amazing-magazine-layout-design-idea-84/>.
  2. "Dubai." Dubai. N.p., n.d. Web. 23 Mar. 2017. <http://www.africa-ata.org/dubai.htm>.
  3. Ming, Lara. "Travel Agency Magazine Ad Series." Behance. N.p., 26 Apr. 2013. Web. 23 Mar. 2017. <https://www.behance.net/gallery/8372055/Travel-Agency-Magazine-Ad-Series>.

No comments:

Post a Comment