Wednesday, March 22, 2017

chats & feedback

To start off, I made some changes to the cover I created last week because the sharp edges really irked me and I felt as if it was uncomfortable and contradicted the idea of fun, lighthearted traveling. Here is a before and after:

old, sharp, mean cover
NEW & IMPROVED cover!

I also cropped the pictures and made them all square to be consistent with both the size and shape. I also did change some pictures in order to make the top and bottom "match"/reflect in a way with the picture of palm tree and bright blue sky in the middle.







In class today, we got into different groups and "pitched" our project idea to our classmates in order to have their input on each of our projects. My group seemed to really like my idea and were intrigued with the photography/travel magazine idea so that made me even more excited to continue.

I then showed them the cover, which I am still a little nervous about since it is very very different from normal magazine covers but they said they also really liked it! I asked for some feedback and one girl asked if I had taken a picture of the table with the actual pictures on it, I explained no and she suggested for me to try that because the natural shadows/lighting could add a nice touch. I had not thought about this and I do want to try it even though I know the lighting will be a tough job, but it sounds kinda fun to figure out since I have never played with lighting that way. (I am already looking for a cheap way to print the pictures LOL).

For this week I definitely want to try that and I am also going to look into the two-page spread format. *eyes emoji* Ooooooooooo progress! 


Yay and until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment