Friday, March 17, 2017

mid-thespian competition update

Image result for peeking gif
I found some time from the festival to escape to my room in order to write this mid-week, mid-brainstorm update.

I have thought some about the title, throughout the thespian madness and liked the thought of bon voyage (keeping all letters lowercase, to give off a relaxed and casual look - also looking for a travel-y/postcard looking font, I shall experiment later!)

I looked up the definition and liked the idea that the word gives off, since I want the readers to want to travel and have a good experience at the place the issue is about (in this case, Los Angeles):


I also got the chance to play around with Canva and found TONS of tutorials and even a "designing school" where people write "how to" articles that relate to magazine making! It is basically magazine heaven.

There are templates available and I looked at some in order to have some ideas but I think I will be taking matters into my own hands; meaning I want to try something new. Maybe a collage/postcard type idea (I will play with the idea on my way home and will update on my next blog post!).

I was searching through and reading and found Designing the Perfect Table of Contents: 50 Examples to Show You How article (right on Canva!). I looked towards photography ones in order to include images and visuals and I LOVED numbers 6 and 13. Number 41 also caught my eye and now I want to try to integrate text with image(s) or maybe even images with text, so I will try my best to provide examples of what I am working on in my next posts!

I am now close to time and I will be participating in a dance workshop here at the festival (yay exercise! yay getting fit!).

Wish me luck and until next time!

  1. Maria Jose. "Designing the Perfect Table of Contents: 50 Examples to Show You How."Design School. Canva, 06 Jan. 2016. Web. 17 Mar. 2017. <https://designschool.canva.com/blog/table-of-contents-design/>.
  2. "Travel Magazine Cover Templates." Travel Magazine Cover Templates - Canva. N.p., n.d. Web. 17 Mar. 2017. <https://www.canva.com/templates/magazine-covers/travel/>.

No comments:

Post a Comment